Friday, April 10, 2009

Gig Harbor Getting Interesting for Foodies

I tried Sip at the Restaurant Wednesday night with a couple of friends and I am hopeful that Gig Harbor is finally going to get more interesting for foodies. The Tides is always good, my fish loving dad says they have the best grilled halibut sandwich he's ever had, and their new menu is showing some extra creativity. Anthony's has good food, but is really about the view. Also, as a vegetarian, their menu is too limited for me to give a true opinion. The Marketplace Grille, next to Anthony's, has a killer veggie burger, award winning clam chowder and a terrific view. Brix 25 has a spectacular wine selection, though I find their food sometimes in need of a little simplification. Complex doesn't mean throw in as many ingredients as you can. Also, not much available for a vegetarian.

Now, we have Sip, which opened a few weeks ago in Uptown Gig Harbor. I went with 2 friends, one a big time foodie from LA, and we were pretty darn impressed. There were a few things that still need some tweeking. My asparagus with black truffle oil was cooked perfectly but needed about a third of the truffle oil on it. Too heavy. My LA friend's white bean soup tasted great but has the consistancy of porridge. Just need to thin it out a little and perfection shall be obtained. My other friend loved her slider burgers and her french fries were sinfully good. We didn't really dig into the wine list on this trip, but it looks impressive. The thing I was most pleased with is that they are open late on Friday and Saturdays. 1am!!!!! Finally a place in Gig Harbor that doesn't start winding down at 8 o'clock. Now their is a great place to go after an 8pm movie.

What's coming next for Gig Harbor foodies... LeLe Vietnamese Food! More on that when it opens in Uptown Gig Harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment