Monday, April 6, 2009

Census 2010

I have been pretty busy gearing up for the 2010 Census. About 6 weeks ago I read that they were hiring people with flexible schedules who would want to put in about 20-25 hours a week address canvassing. I thought, what the heck, that sounds like fun and it ties in well with my real estate career. Last week I completed my 5 days of training and learned, no, they want 30-40 hours a week. Yikes! Guess I'll be burning the midnight oil a little. Still, I am excited to get started. I already know the Gig Harbor area very well, but this will even improve on that. It's so important as a Realtor to have on the ground knowledge of your market. Many agents have become so reliant on the internet, but you just can't know a neighborhood until you've walked it.

Click here to read the News Tribunes article about the census starting.


No comments:

Post a Comment