Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blister in a blister

As I mentioned earlier, I have been hired to address canvass for the 2010 US Census. It's been really cool and I have learned sooooo many nooks and crannies in Gig Harbor and Fox Island. What I have also learned is that you can have a blister in a blister. Not kidding. I have walked a tremendous amount of area in the last two weeks and developed a blister on my little left toe. I have monitored it and a few days ago, at the recommendation of a friend, popped it. Today, after 5 hours on my feet, my blister returned. I popped it again and found, AGH!!!, another blister under it. This is not right!!! The really funny/odd part of it is that more than several people, while address canvassing for the Census, have thanked me for my work. I really appreciate this, though I would first remind them that a) I am being paid and b) I am not being sent to Iraq or Afganistan. The Census is part of our Constitution, so I totally appreciate their thanks, but, funny enough, my FEET appreciate it more!

No comments:

Post a Comment