Friday, March 6, 2009

Cool house on tour

Okay, this photo has nothing to do with real estate. I just thought it was cute.

Every Tuesday morning area real estate agents tour new listings in Tacoma, UP, Fircrest and Lakewood. It's Thursdays in Gig Harbor and Fridays in NE Tacoma. Of all the houses I have toured over the years I have seen many home theater systems. As a former movie industry person I am pretty picky about these. Most fail miserably, usually because there is too much natural light in the home theater room. Why spend all the money to put in a kick butt home theater with blu-ray, plush seating and surround sound if you ruin the picture with sunlight. (In the Northwest it's light very late at night during much of the year.) FINALLY, last Tuesday I saw a great home theater room. The house is listed by Cal Mosher, an agent in my office. The custom home theater has as the right seating, projection and audio, but more than that it's sound proofed and has absolutely no outside light. Cal had the latest Batman movie playing and I felt like I was back in LA. I swear the house shook under the audio effects. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment