Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fence Sitting

I just had to post this photo. It's the view from my office window. I took it today and is shows a very rare and precious event in Tacoma... blue sky. Sorry, sometimes the Californian in me comes out. Nothing like Spring weather in February!!

It was a great day to tour new listings. Thursday is the Gig Harbor tour day and I saw a couple of great places with spectacular views. Pricing is still feeling kind of high to me, though. That's the big problem right now. It seems like every agent I talk to has a buyer sitting on the fence waiting for "a great deal." I can't say that I blame the buyers. No one wants to feel like they overpaid for a house. It's hard for sellers too. They know what their homes were worth just a few years ago and the new values are kind of hard to stomach. Still, it's been statistically proven (and my personal experience) that a home priced correctly from the start will attract more buyers and encourage full price offers (or at least close to full price). At least interest rates are low! As they start to drift up buyers are going to qualify for lower and lower amounts. Food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment