Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Are houses selling?

"Are houses selling?" This is the second most asked question I get after, "How are you doing?" The first question is usually asked with a cringe because they expect me to break down into a puddle of tears over my choice of career... Real Estate. Well, the answer is, "I am doing fine." More importantly, "Houses are definitely selling!" In the first 12 days of February, 104 houses and condos have sold in Pierce County. That's not exactly gang-buster business, but it's not a disaster either.

My goal with this blog is to keep you informed about the South Sound real estate market through hard facts, aka statistics culled from the NWMLS. I'd also like to have some fun with the blog. I'm not even sure what that means yet, but if I see a house I just LOVE or hear of an event that I think people would enjoy I will post it.

My sister in law snapped a classic picture last summer that I think sums up the two ways to look at the real estate market and our current economy in general. We can either see it as a wild ride with lots of opportunities or we can see it as a scary mess.



Which kid are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment